Benefits of Regular Dental Exams
Not everyone enjoys going to the dentist. However, did you know that having a regular dental checkup can detect other health problems you may not even be aware of?
According to the American Dental Association more than 90% of all systemic diseases have oral manifestations, including swollen gums, mouth ulcers, dry mouth and excessive gum problems.
Some of these diseases include:
- Oral cancer
- Certain types of Cancer
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
Having a regular dental exam can catch the early signs of gum disease. Research has shown gum disease has links to other medical problems including:
- Kidney & Pancreatic Cancer
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Increased risk of premature birth
Tips for better oral hygiene:
- Brushing your teeth for two to three minutes - twice a day.
- Flossing daily to remove plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Eating a healthy diet
- Avoiding cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
- Seeing your dentist immediately when you have any unusual oral symptoms like bad breath, mouth sores, red or swollen gums or sore jaws
Many Dental plans cover x-rays at least once a year under preventative benefits and exams plus general cleanings twice a year with no waiting periods or cost to you.
Sample Rates for Individual/Family effective 3/1/17
Individual + Spouse $69
Individual + Child(ren) $90
If you have any questions or would like more information on available dental plans please contact Creekstone Benefits at (740) 967-0210.